Some tips for choosing best domains
Choosing or selecting a domain name is important for any online business. If your team member is small, then selecting or choosing a domain name is more important. Anyway, I’ll share some information with you from my little knowledge, maybe it useful. Keep in mind that a small mistake can lead to major problems in ranking your business, product promotion or service on search engine. In that case, it is best to contact experts. Originally you can get the help of search engines like Google. I will present you the important aspects of domain selection in front of you today.
What is the domain?
We know that the internet or web world is huge. It is so huge that according to the latest 2014 statistics, the number of web sites in the web has exceeded 1 billion websites. If we put the web world in line with our real life world in that case, websites can be called one country. That is, the world of web made up of all websites. And we can see these websites easily through internet connection. What is domain? The question is normal for everyone interested in starting the website…Although web hosting is related to the domain. If you have an address such as your home, office or showroom, you have an address on your internet ecommerce, blog or service provider website that is called domain. For example, my blog site’s name is blogsauthor.com
Before selecting the domain name, you should keep in mind why people want to visit the domain, the visitor location or targeted visitors, what is demand of your visitor. What is your visitor keyword which can be preferred from that area searched on the search engines.
.com, .org, .edu or any other domains mean yours thinking or your activity what you express for globally or locally. I like .com domain always for worldwide reaching. It does vary on demand.
Give most priority .com domain to build up website for you. However, you can select any domain extension compatible with the type of website. For example, if you want to select a domain for a voluntary organization’s website. In that case, the .org domain should be used.
- Choose your domain name in conjunction with the business name…So that the visitor can go to the website regardless of your business name.
- The domain name must be very short and easy to remember. Visitors can remember the name of your web site and in turn will be able to come back to your site.
- In case of domain name preferences, give priority to 4/5 characters. Avoid long domain names.
- If your domain name is easily mistyped for typing then get the wrong name and registration.
- If you need to use abbreviations then it is meaningful and uses something you can easily remember.
- Avoid hyphens as far as possible.
- Avoid using to and for…Because visitors can remember 2 and 4.
- Keep in mind that your domain does not match anyone’s name. Confusions will be created between the visitors if it matches.
- Along with domain name, now also be aware of the social media site’s username. As well as websites to create branding, social media platforms now play a lot of important role.
- If you get a good domain name blank, do not hesitate to buy it quickly. Because, many people are looking around to buy a good domain. So, if you take the time to buy the preferred domain name, then you cannot guarantee that it will get empty afterwards.
- If you are worried about branding. However, if possible, you can buy a few top-level domains together with your desired name .com, .net, .info. It will not allow any competitors standing with other extension of the same name to damage your branding.
- Many people try to match the name of the contesting site. Refrain from this. This technique of misleading the visitor is never useful. Rather, this type of work destroys your site’s authority.
Start today on NameCheap to get your perfect Domain name…If you have any query please comment there for the next step.