The number of diabetic patients in the world is constantly increasing. If you are affected by this disease, you must change your lifestyle. Today’s blog I’ve pointed out some risky foods that increase the risk of diabetes.
Diabetes is never completely cured. But this disease can be controlled.
Uncontrolled diabetes can lead to a variety of complex diseases. Liver, kidney and other organs can be damaged.
Much also depends on the food. Diabetes-related complications can be largely avoided by eating a balanced diet.
What happens in the body due to diabetes?
Diabetes reduces the secretion of the hormone insulin in the body. As a result, glucose cannot reach the body’s cells. So the amount of glucose in the blood increases. Excessive sugary foods are risky for diabetes patients.
Blog: Niacinamide Vitamin C
Most risky foods for diabetic patients
1. Protein is very beneficial for body growth. However, for diabetics, high-protein foods, including beef and lamb, can be harmful. Protein can be taken from beans and nuts.
2. Dairy foods contain calcium and vitamins. But full-fat dairy products also increase the risk of heart disease by raising glucose levels.
3. Potatoes contain high levels of starch and glycemic elements. And glycemic ingredients increase the risk of diabetes. It is better for diabetics’ patients not to eat potatoes.
4. Maize contains vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. However, eating too much of it can increase glucose levels.
5. High-processed white flour provides energy quickly, but over-processing reduces nutrients. If you have diabetes. However, it is better to avoid white flour. In addition, white grains, such as white bread and white pasta contain high levels of starch. Although all grains contain starch. Yet the amount of white grain is higher.
6. Many energy drinks contain high levels of artificial sweeteners and caffeine. Insulin levels may increase for a long time after eating. So it is better not to drink energy drinks to avoid the risk of diabetes.
7. Dried berries, including raisins, are rich in antioxidants and have health benefits. However, it also contains natural sugar and high calories, which is harmful for diabetic patients. In addition, fruit juice can increase glucose levels.